It’s one thing to have a great set of pipes or to be able to make someone laugh, but learning how to capture an audience’s attention throughout your performance requires a whole new level of skill.
Every aspiring artist knows that a strong stage presence and a quality performance are not created overnight. Check out bBooth’s latest tips to elevating your creative work to the next level.
Engage your audience visually.
- Keep eye contact and be direct. Drink in the moment.
- Confidence is important and affects your voice, posture and your attitude.
Don’t forget to smile.
- Smiles are inviting and welcoming… and contagious!
Personal message as an intro or at the end of your performance/video.
- Don’t be afraid to connect with your audience on a personal level.
Go ahead and be loud.
- This is your debut and you want it to be memorable, so don’t hold back!
The show must go on.
- If you make a mistake, continue naturally because chances are, many people won’t even notice it!
Don’t rush your performance.
- Whether it’s your studio time in bBooth or on the big stage, make each moment count.
Embrace your style and individuality.
- From wardrobe to stage presence, the way you communicate separates you from everyone else. Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
- Your audience looks forward to the passion and energy of your show. You have to give excitement to receive it.
- Enjoy yourself. You’re sharing what you love to do with the world, so make sure to own it. If you have a case of the nerves, take 3 deep breaths and remember, this is fun and easy.